Updated: May 4, 2021
Smart Lighting for business
What is a smart lighting?
The future of lightining is Smart lighting. This systems uses IoT-enabled sensors, bulbs, or adapters to allow users to manage their home or office lighting with their smartphone or smart home management platform.
Smart lights & smart homes: the business
The European smart lighting market value is espected to reach $9 billion by 2024. This is a expanding market with strong business opportunities and iot domus is ready to develop it. Smart lighining is one of the main feature for a good smart home. Everybody can use it with no/low installation costs.
Potential uses for IoT lighting in commercial facilities:
· A lighting-based indoor positioning system: In late 2017 in USA, a large retailer implemented indoor positioning using Bluetooth chips embedded in LED ceiling lights. Shoppers’ phones get access to an interactive store map that guides them around the aisles to products they’re looking for. And there is also a project in a Smart University uses IoT lighting controls to guide students to classrooms.
· Asset tracking: For critical assets tagged with sensors, IoT lighting can be used to locate them based on the signals they give off.
· Monitor conditions for perishable goods: Goods that require certain environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity levels can benefit from smart lighting solutions that are constantly monitoring the storage room or area. Anomalies can be prevent with alerts setted.
· Space utilization: IoT lighting can gather occupancy data, which can then be analyzed to optimize building usage. Analysis of this data helps you better manage your space.
LEDs lighting are the smart solution for a smart lightining system. Smart led lights are not for home uses but they have a lot of application. Let’s do examples.
· Warehouses and industrial settings: Large, high spaces like these benefit from LED high bay lighting in that they waste less energy: Smart LED lights emit light in a specific direction and produce less heat.
· Some high-tech farms using smart lights to optimize plant growth. They do so by customizing light “recipes” that impact everything from how plants grow to how they taste.
· Commercial parking areas: In parking facilities, quality of lighting matters for security purposes (both indoor and outdoor). In addition to the monetary savings, safety is the reason why parking facility lighting is one of the fastest-growing segments of the Smart commercial lighting market.
· Healthcare facilities: Healthcare facilities are designed in part for the comfort of patients; Smart lighting can help create the ideal light output for the environment and enhance efficiency at the same time.(a lot of iot solutions are designed for healthcare facilities, ask us if you are interested)
· Correctional facilities: There are a variety of lighting needs in correctional facilities, from cells and recreational spaces to day rooms and corridors. Smart lights won’t obstruct with security and video cameras, and they maintain uniform, high-quality light that improves visibility.
· Retail facilities: An increasing number of retailers are using Smart lighting to add aesthetic and visual appeal to their spaces, creating a superior shopping experience. The right in-store lighting could actually increase sales.
Iot Smart lights can be controlled from any smart device, and can be connected with wifi connections.